Anarchy: The Purge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

In the Beginning

Go down

In the Beginning Empty In the Beginning

Post by Tobias Mikaelson Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 pm

In the year of 2022 in the United States, all political movements have been shut down by the government, which runs under a strict totalitarian rule from the "New Founding Fathers of America." The unemployment and crime rate have fallen to only 1%, and the economy is at an all time high. After the 28th constitutional amendment was ratified, the Annual "Purge" Event was created. The Purge is an event that occurs every year from 7:00 PM on March 21st to 7:00 AM on March 22nd, of which during that time, any known crime (i.e. murder, rape, breaking and entering, etc.) is legal, and all services (i.e. police, fire department, hospitals and emergency rooms, etc.) are closed. It is said to act as a catharsis for the citizens; in reality, it is used as a method of artificial population control, as the poorer and homeless people are the main targets.

The Purge has only two rules: First, no government official holding Rank 10 or higher is to be murdered, harmed, have harm caused to them, or in any event brought to harm in any case. Second, weapons above Class 4 are forbidden, meaning that destructive devices (rocket launchers, grenades, bombs or missiles) and explosive materials are excluded from The Purge. Anyone who doesn't follow the rules of the Purge will be harshly punished.

During The Purge, most of the people buy necessary items and barricade themselves in their homes. Large buildings are usually supervised by the landlord, who him or herself locks the building and all the exits. Usually, people remain confined in their homes and sleep or stay at guard during the event. Residential houses and financial districts are usually safe from the people on violent rampages, since banks relocate all their money to other places and houses aren't a threat.

Now in its tenth year the New Founding Fathers have decided to make additional changes.  The Purge will now happen twice a year, once at 7:00 PM on March 21st to 7:00 AM on March 22nd and once at 7:00 PM on September 21st to 7:00 AM on September 22nd.  The same rules will still apply.  

Our story begins one week before the annual Purge, March 11th, 2032
Tobias Mikaelson
Tobias Mikaelson
Admin

https://anarchyrp.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum